An Experienced Family Law Attorney
Since establishing his law practice in 1988, family law attorney Andrew A. Bokser has protected the rights of people who face major changes and issues in their lives such as divorce, adoption and child custody modifications. With offices in Brooklyn and Garden City, he serves clients throughout the New York Metropolitan area, including the five boroughs of New York City as well as Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Serving All Family Law Needs In New York
With over 34 years of legal experience, attorney Andrew A. Bokser has the ability to provide you with quality legal representation in all areas of family law, including:
- Adoption — Adopting a child is not only a rewarding and emotional experience but an often long legal process as well. Whether you are a stepparent, relative, foster parent, or seeking private adoption, Andrew A. Bokser will take care of the legal process so you can concentrate on the emotional process of adoption.
- Child abuse and neglect — When a child is removed from a home due to allegations of neglect or abuse, it is a traumatic experience for everyone involved. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser represents parents in removal actions initiated by child protection agencies. Quick action is essential in these cases. Seek out an attorney’s advice immediately if you are contacted by any Child Protective Services worker about your child or if your child was neglected or abused by another person.
- Child custody and visitation — The needs of parents and children in a child custody case are as unique as the parties themselves. Andrew A. Bokser understands this and will help you determine which child custody options will work out best for everyone involved.
- Child support — The goal of child support is to provide the child with the same standard of living he or she would have received had the parents remained together. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser will guide you through the process of how the amount of custody is determined and what it means for you.
- Domestic violence and orders of protection — A party can seek an order of protection due to domestic violence in criminal court, family court, or if in a divorce or separation action supreme court. The consequences will vary depending on where the order is filed. If it is filed in criminal court you will need a criminal defense lawyer. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser has the experience to help you regardless of where the order is filed.
- Modifications — When your life changes, you may need to make changes regarding child support and child custody orders. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser can guide you through the process of obtaining court-ordered modifications of child support and child custody.
- Parental relocation — When a parent wishes to move, the court will be more concerned about the well-being of the child than the benefits or losses to the parent. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser represents parents who wish to relocate as well as parents whose visitation rights will be affected by a move.
- Paternity — Children have the right to financial support and a father has a right to visitation regardless of whether the parents are married. However, paternity must be established before these rights can take effect. Attorney Andrew A. Bokser represents both mothers and fathers in paternity actions.
Call For An Initial Consultation Today
When you face a major change in your life, it’s important to get the advice of an experienced lawyer. The decisions you make now can affect you for the rest of your life. Get answers to your questions, both general and personal. If you are in need of legal assistance, please contact the law firm by calling or emailing Mr. Bokser at [email protected] for an initial consultation. Evening appointments are available.