With The Right Attorney for Your Legal Matter,
You Can Avoid an Endless, Confusing Maze.

Brooklyn Post-Divorce Enforcements Attorney

When a Spouse Doesn't Comply With a Divorce Order

If you are not receiving child support, court-ordered visitation, or your distribution of property under a divorce order, you have several options in New York.

Attorney Andrew A. Bokser can guide you through the process of enforcing divorce orders in New York. With offices in Brooklyn and Garden City, he represents clients in enforcement cases throughout the New York City area, including Nassau and Suffolk counties.

What Are My Options if My Ex Isn't Paying Child Support?

If the non-custodial parent owes you child support, you can use free services offered by the New York Child Support Enforcement Unit for your county. The CSEU has the power to order child support deductions directly from your ex's paycheck. The CSEU can also suspend all licenses of non-payers, including driver's licenses and professional licenses.

If the non-custodial parent is self employed, you may need a lawyer's help to file an enforcement action in family court. The family court judge can order your ex jailed if he or she refuses to pay child support.

What if I Am Not Receiving Visitation?

If you are not receiving visitation per your child custody order, the New York family court have many remedies, including:

  • Make-up time
  • Changing visitation
  • Transferring custody to the aggrieved party
  • Jail time for the custodial parent

The custodial parent cannot suspend visitation because you are behind in child support payments.

Discuss Post-Divorce Enforcements With Family Lawyer Andrew A. Bokser

To discuss the facts of your child support or visitation enforcement case with attorney Andrew A. Bokser at our Brooklyn or Garden City law office, call 718-834-1904 or fill out our contact form. Evening appointments are available.

Read a Post-Divorce Enforcements letter from lawyer Andrew A. Bokser.

Read Andrew A. Bokser's Blog.